Default No sound from phono port

I have a media centre. The sound through the 7.1 speaker output is low with the volume on full. I have amplified speakers that will plug into the phone port but no sound comes at all. I've checked the speakers and they're fine and tried headphones that also didn't work in the port. I've gone into the sound management setup but the only sound outputs showing up are the 7.1 line and digital output. no headphone setup. How do i get sound to the speakers through the phono output?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you connecting a 7.1 sound system, or just stereo speakers?

Please let us know what make and model of computer you have, what version of Windows you have, what sound card, and what sound management software you are using.

The computer is a Scaleo E Media player. ACPIx86 running vista home premium. Under sound it just says high definition audio device and under that philips SAA713X hybrid capture device. The sound management software i'm not sure about to tell the truth i just went in through the control panel. I'm pretty new to all this as you can plainly see how bad i am.

Sorry the system has its own 7.1 system built in. The speakers plug straight into the machine itself.

Basically i don't have the speakers for the 7.1 setup so i've got a 2.1 that plugs into a phono port that have a built in amplifier so i'm after the sound through the phono line. The speakers that are connected to the 7.1 come through as a whisper but no sound at all through the headphone port. i just can't seem to find how to swap the sound over.

Blog Entries

A 7.1 card separates all audio into left and right outputs and are only suitable for use with a Home Theatre system with 7.1 inputs. If you are using a simple stereo system with powered speakers, they usually connect via a stereo minijack to a connection combining left and right outputs, but you say you are connecting via phono connectors.

Are you using the rear 7.1 connectors or the ones behind the front panel, which also act as the headphone socket.

Page 7 of your User Manual illustrates what connector does what.

Blog Entries

Also make sure the keyboard multimedia key isn't turning off the audio.

no the audio is on. At the moment i have speakers connected to the rear 7.1 ports. But the speakers arn't mine all i have is the 2.1 speakers with a phono jack connector (light green) which i've plugged into the phono port at the front next to the mic. Even with only the 2.1 speakers plugged in there is no sound. it only comes from the 7.1 when they are plugged in.

Blog Entries

It's quite possible that you need to enable the front panel speaker connection, which could be via the machine BIOS, or via the sound management software. It's also possible you have a faulty connection as it would normally be enabled by default.

If the machine is new and under warranty, contact the manufacturer or the supplier.

You could also search/post on the Fujitsu forum, here, in case this is a known problem.