Default It's started to slow down

I recently made the switch to Firefox and after initially being very happy with the results, I am starting to notice some snags. I can't necessarily blame it on the browser itself as it could be my Dell or the servers, but is this common? Is Firefox flawed as well as IE?
    Attached Images

I am running CometBird at present which is very fast and I find the better for me of the three I have installed. IE 8.0 and the latest Firefox do not perform as well for me.

What "snags" do you mean Sailor?

I am sure being a member here you have a good maintenance program for your system - Have you run ATF-Cleaner.exe by Atribune lately or Cleanup 4.5.2?

best regards,

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi Sailor,

Funny you should mention this, I've been thinking the same thing. I now find myself going back to IE (just because I know it) now and then. There have been a few nagging little quirks that bug me, slow opening (despite the registry changes they recommend), Facebook either hanging or shutting down in mid session and slowness in general. I have kept up with running a clean machine, regular cleanups etc. The only reason I'm staying with it is for a couple of add-ons that I can't live without and IE doesn't have them, in particular Malware search which Oscar put me on to.

It would be great if we could get the best of each browser and put them into one, but I'm not holding my breath, and yes, they all have their problems, so as tallin mentions, it can't hurt to try others and see what's out there.

Tallin, which OS are you using? I've got XP Home sp3.And I use CCleaner. I regularly do Disc cleanup and defrag every so often.

To reply to your question:
    PC
    Windows XP Home SP/3,
    Pentium 4Intel P4, 3.0GHZ PRESCOTT ASUS P4S800-MX MOTHERBOARD,
    RAM 2048MB.
    Laptop
    Operating System Genuine Windows XP Home SP/3
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache)
    RAM 2048MB

CCleaner is fine, I use the three of them at random, manually, none run at boot time.

best regards,

Default No go on the Cometbird

I tried the cometbird but it was a no go. Firefox is a much better fit.