Default Ctrl+Alt+Del: Cleaning up "Processes" tab

Hey there, nice to be coming here when my computer isn't broken for a change... gotta love Windows 7, hasn't died on me yet...

Anywho, I'm running some high-demand applications, and I notices that the processes tab has 12% of my 8 gigs of ram tied up, and I was hoping I might be able to whittle that down a bit.

I can only identify a handfull of things on the list, so I was hoping someone here might be able to tell me what I can cut. And how to cut those that I can permanently so they don't keep starting up with Windows.

Thanks

I can only identify a handfull of things on the list, so I was hoping someone here might be able to tell me what I can cut. And how to cut those that I can permanently so they don't keep starting up with Windows.
    I think with the links provided below you will be able to find which Processes and Startup Applications you do not need.

To identify your processes running at boot time.

Start-up Applications, do you really need all of them?

This is a great way to learn which you need. I enjoyed finding out for myself which were best for my particular systems.

Others may contribute their ideas, but this is the way I was taught to solve your question.

kind regards,

Hey, that's neat, thanks.

Teach a man to fish....

Fenrir,

Browsing around I found this link I have had for yonks that may also assist you with this current query you have and others that may arise as you progress when customizing your computer.

Let me know if it is of any assistance to you also.

kind regards,

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If you need help in deciding which ones are not necessary, follow tallin's link Windows startup programs. What are they? Are they required? How can I disable them? and follow the instructions under Highjackthis, copy the 04 entries and post here.