Unhappy sound software problem

I am using Vista home premium on a HP Quad core computer. I tried to install an update and the tray Icon for Realtek disappeared and I've been unable to get it back.The update was for realtek. Any help you all can give would be appreciated. Also this is the one for HD....

Hi big orange,

Did you install the update due to a sound problem?

Do you have sound now?

Yes I do have sound.I did not have a sound problem when i installed the update.I use IE8 and the latest Firefox as browsers.HP model m8430f. ram 4gb. Intel core 2 quad Q6600.Nivida Ge Force 8500 GT.All I have now is the basic sound control from the system tray. Hope this helps. I've had other problems with downloads since I started using the two browsers..

all I have now is the basic sound control
    So this is an up date for realtek high definition audio device?

I am not sure if this a simple Icon is missing, or the wrong update for the realtek driver.

Lets see what the other members offer.

You should be able to access the mixer through your start menu, open it, then check the options and enable the system tray icon if it's not enabled.
    Have I helped you? Please consider making a donation to keep Help2Go running and ad-free

To do is to be - Socrates; To be is to do - Plato; Do be do be do - Sinatra; Scooby Dooby Do - Scooby; Yabba Dabba Do - Flintstone