Default Unable to mount images

Hi, I've gotten some old games and programs converted from CDs to ISO images and usually I use Daemon Tools Lite to mount the images. Recently though, I upgraded my system to Windows 7 and since then Daemon Tools has stopped working. This is the error message I get when I open Daemon Tools:

This program requires at least Windows 2000 with SPTD 1.60 of higher.
    Kernel debugger must be deactivated.

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling DTools several times, but nothing has worked so far.
    Also, I've searched on many websites and even tried disabling kernel debugger by going in "Advanced Properties" in My Computer but even that hasnt helped.

About my system, its a laptop with Windows 7 32 bit OS, 2.1 GHz C2D, 3 GB RAM.
    I use AVG Free as my antivirus.
    And the version of Daemon Tools I'm trying to install currently is the latest one available on their website, version DTLite 4.35.5.0068.

Hope someone can help!

(Otherwise, if you could suggest some other free program to easily mount iso images, please mention that here)

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm wondering why you don't just use the original CD? Why convert to ISO, then mount the image? Were these actually CD's or were they downloaded as ISO images?

Blog Entries

Windows XP Mode for Windows 7

Also, you can right click the program icon and go to Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, you can set the program to run under compatibility settings for Windows XP
    (or virtually any other Microsoft Operating System).

This step will, in 99% of cases, allow legacy Windows XP programs to run fine under Windows 7

Note:
    However, as Arraknid stated you may need to burn the ISO file to a CD as I doubt an ISO file will give a compatibility option as a plain ISO file....let us know
    (converting might be fine...again ...let us know)
    Last edited by abseh1; 02-06-2010 at 10:29 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Default Thanks

Hey... sorry it took me so long to reply.

I actually had my old CDs converted to ISO and then carry them around on an external HD as it saves the space needed to store so many CDs. But since most of those programs are a bit outdated now, Ive decided to burn only the ones I need to a CD again. Its easier than all this hassle.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your Win7 upgrade has changed certain registry entries, so even compatibility mode won't work here. Try post #8 at this link. It seems to work fine.