Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default BSOD... *sigh* again

Guys, the problems with my computer just keep getting worse and worse... if you're up for some light reading, feel free to click on my user tag, and check out my posts... I still can't log onto IE... I still can't use a search engine... I still can't update any of my security software... (however, I CAN use Firefox for some reason) and now I keep hitting the BSOD when trying to boot up my home PC.

However, the good news this time is that I'm hitting a specific error when my BSOD pops up (unlike last time)

This time it says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA"

I'm unable to boot in safe mode and I think this issue has something to do with me running an update on FireFox (updating to newest versionlast night).

Also, I'm not sure what it means, but when I try to boot up in safe mode it hangs at d347bus.sys, then drops into the BSOD again.

I've tried booting up with my last known good configuration, but that's not doing anything for me either.

Any help I could get from anyone, I'd greatly appreciate it... I'm almost desperate here.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Sorry to hear of the continued problems. The latest message you're getting is addressed here Error Message: . Stay tuned for others opinions.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Check out the last post here.

There was a bug in this week's updates that bricked a large number of systems.

Do you know if your computer automatically installs updates?

Do you have your Windows installation CD with you? (Let me know if all you have is the manufacturer's recovery CDs and not a Windows installation CD)

Hey there Neon, I don't think I have the automatic updates checked off.

As far as the Windows installation CD, all I have is the man's recovery CD.

Thank you for taking the time to reply guys.

Oh, and an early heads up, I hadn't seen your post Neon, prior to the other two. i went out to that first link and followed the advice by deleting that d347bus.sys file. That had no change on my ability to get past the Blue Screen. I still have the same message too.

Thank you again.

Can you burn CDs on the system you're on?

Seeing as the recovery CD won't likely have the Windows Recovery Console on it as regular Windows installation CDs do, I'll need you to either find a different Windows CD or burn one onto a CD.

Download RC.ISO and burn it to a cd as an ISO image. You may need a burning toy like ISO Recorder to do this...be sure to get the version for your operating system. You will want to burn the image to the cd, not place the file you downloaded onto the CD. There is a difference.

Once you have burned this as an ISO image, insert the CD into the drive, and then restart the computer. Watch for the prompt to "Press any key to boot from cd" and press the spacebar when you see it. You may have to change the boot priority in BIOS Setup to accomplish this...we'll cross that bridge if we get to it.

When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
    If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console...by number (usually 1)
    When you are prompted to do so, type the Administrator password. If you have not set an administrator password, leave it blank and just press "Enter".
    At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following two commands and press "Enter" after each.

CHDIR $NtUninstallKB977165$\spuninst

BATCH spuninst.txt

Once that's done with, type exit and press "Enter". The machine will restart...let it try to boot normally...do not boot to the cd this time.

Let me know if this gets you back into Windows.

Wait a second... you said you deleted that file.. does that mean you can get into the Recovery Console? If so, there's no need to burn the cd. You'll just have to go into the same Recovery Console that was mentioned in that thread.

Sorry about that, I got ahead of myself.

I did delete the file, but I'm still hung up at the BSOD, with the same "page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" message (even through the recovery system).

however, I am a complete noob when it comes to trying to do this, so I may just be missing something obvious here.

If you could, I'd really appreciate a step-by-step... just to make sure I am doing it right... I'd hate to waste your time.

Sorry. I guess my question was: How did you delete the file seeing as you cannot get into Windows?

Ahh, sorry. I'm able to get to into the recovery console, which brings me down to a dos. I just went to the directory and typed in the DEL [file name] command.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast