Default New administrator rights on my laptop

hello

I reinstalled my operating system windows 7 and tried to reinstall my lexmark printer drivers but it wanst working so i called lexmark this morning who took control of my computer from their office and found the problem to be the UAC.

I was advised to create a new administrator account but how do I transfer all the files and programmes from my old administrator account to my new one rather than have 2 seperate accounts.

Your advice will as always be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    Tony

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Tony,

As Administrator, you'll have access to all programs and files installed, and as the printer will be a common item, you shouldn't have a problem. You could keep the new Admin account, or just use it to install the printer drivers.

Another option to try is to restore the system to a time before you tried the original printer install, then disable UAC, then try the install. This explains how to disable UAC.

My gut feeling is that the problem lies with the Lexmark drivers rather than the system, but as the printer was previously installed, it should install again.

Also check out this post...http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/5...html#post89871