Default script in movie causing flash player to run slowly

HI

From last a few days i am facing a problem while playing a quiz file (macromedia file). It shows an error, " A Script In This Movie Is Casuing Flash Player to run Slowly", And becasue of this I cant open my file. I need urgent Help. I have intalled in my pc
    flashplayer10_1_p3_activex_022310.exe. But these files are of flash player 8 (maybe)
    I Have interent explorer in my pc.

Thanks

cmasurya

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If the file was created for Flash v8, it'll play in v10, because flash players are backwards compatible. If there's a bad script in the file, you can't do anything about it because it's embedded in the code.

Are you running the file in your browser or in the Flash Player installed on your machine. If you get no choice, right click the file and select Open with... and select one or the other from the list. See if that makes a difference.

Alternatively, post a link to the file and I'll take a look at it.

This is an executable file, when I click on this it automatically opens in flash player. I am sending you link please check.
    Download CHAPTER_5.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    please download the file and check.
    thanks

Blog Entries

The game was produced using Wondershare QuizCreator and contains lots of coding errors, either caused by the software or the person that created the file. It isn't playable at all.

HI thanks for your reply, I had this problem with another file also but after some time it started working, this is the link of the file
    Download CHAPTER_1.exe from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    and some of my friends using these same files and they are playable, they sent me these files uploading on the site i.e. send space and i downloaded that from there. Is this the reason I cant play these?

Blog Entries

Same problem. I suspect it's caused by the software creating the game. Clicking on Yes when the message appears, then turning off Loop under Control on the Menu bar and clicking on Play will get something appearing, but the problem script is looping within the code and causing the behaviour you see. I'd be very surprised if that played on any machine.

can I get this whole code and make this game on another software by just coping that code, I need that quiz urgently, I will let you know if my other friends are playing the same file. let me confirm that.
    thanks

Blog Entries

You could probably make it again using the original software. There's a demo version available here.

I will try this and get back to you with some more information about this error, In future it can help in the forum
    thanks for you valuable help
    thanks