Angry Boot Up Stalls! Browsers Registering Java-Script Errors / Loading Issues.

Apologies for the previous thread. Wasn't aware of the conditions of this particular forum. NeonFx has cleaned my system of any infections / viruses. But recommended I ask for assistance concerning my P/C related problems in this forum and I foolishly assumed you'd want to view my HJT log.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm experiencing problems on boot. Occasionally it'll freeze period. Also my browser has been irregularly loading the pictures / videos on that particular page. Broadband speeds seem to differentiate. Any advice / instruction would be appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

...Awaiting an experts advice / direction. On stand-by.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wasn't aware of the conditions of this particular forum.
    That info was on the notice you clicked on to Continue your post.

To save reading though all of your previous threads, can you please give us more details.

* Make and model of your machine
    * Operating system and Service packs installed

Can you also give us a full description of your problems. At what point does the lockup occur on bootup? Are there any error messages?

As for the browser error, you probably need to re-register some .dll files. This will explain how to prepare a batch file that'll do it for you. There are other suggestions there too.

Your broadband speed variation is between you and your ISP, but try the above first.

Whoops! @
    Quote:
    Wasn't aware of the conditions of this particular forum.
    That info was on the notice you clicked on to Continue your post.
    ...Negligent mistake on my behalf.

Make / Model: HP Pavilion 564a
    Operating System: Windows XP (Office)
    Service Packs: (?) Unsure what this refers to [Total novice when it comes to P/Cs sorry.

Its specifically freezing when the Windows monogram / logo is loading with the pixelized meter to indicate the progress of the loading. BUT this only occurs sometimes not every time. No error messages are prompted.

My Browser seems to have returned to its normal operating-self now due to --->As for the browser error, you probably need to re-register some .dll files. This will explain how to prepare a batch file that'll do it for you. There are other suggestions there too.

Your broadband speed variation is between you and your ISP, but try the above first.

...Thanks with many returns arraknid. Only for this boot-up issue to be addressed now then Ill be out of your hair...

Blog Entries

Next time this happens, can you check XP's Event Viewer and see if there's an entry listed for about the time it locked up? Click on Start, Run and type/paste the following into the text box, then click on OK.

eventvwr.msc

In left panel click on Application and check dates and times. Do the same for System.

If you see anything marked Warning or Error that ties into the date and time, double click the entry and copy the text from the central panel, then paste it into your next post.

To find your Service Pack details, right click on My Computer and select Properties. The info is shown under the General tab.

Finally, repeat the above, but this time click on the Hardware tab, then Device Manager. Do you see any entries with a small yellow symbol against it? If yes, report back.

eventvwr.msc entries:

Source: PerfNet Type: Error
    Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Source: AntiVir Type: Warning
    AntiVir has detected 'TR/Trash.Gen' in the file C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7B05F749-B639-43FD-844A-F69D3A3DC40F}\RP28\A0007332.DLL

Source: Dhcp Type: Warning
    Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 00402B4F18E5. The following error occurred:
    The operation was canceled by the user. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at Events and Errors Message Center: Basic Search.

Source: Service Control Manager Type: Error
    The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service hung on starting.

Service Pack: 3
    Hardware / Device Manager: No entries with the yellow symbol described.

My P/C is now randomly diverting to a black screen with the words - No Operating System Found - displayed. When manually re-booted it has the same message and wasn't until I reset the hard-drive it booted completely. Windows ran its normal scan after re-connection because of the system failure.

Blog Entries

Click on Start, Run and type cmd in the text box, then click on OK. When the window opens, at the cursor, type net statistics then press Enter. You should see Server shown in the list. If not, type net start server and press Enter. Now repeat the first instruction to see if Server is present.

Do you have a home network set up, where more than one computer is connected to your router? If yes, leave the Server running. If not, you can stop that service loading at startup. Launch the Run box again and this time type msconfig and click on OK. Under the Services tab, look down the list and untick Server, then click on Apply and OK. On restart, you'll get a message pointing out you made changes. Just select the Do not show.... box and OK.

You should also consider running the Windows disk checking utility. Open the Run box and type chkdsk /r and OK. In the next window, type Y and press Enter. Now restart the computer.

Once completed, which may take some time, defrag your hard drive. First, download Ccleaner and run the Clean option. Once completed, close the program and type dfrg.msc in the Run box, then click on OK. Select your C drive in the top window and click on Defragment. Depending on your drive size, it may take some time to complete. Make sure there's no possibility of the computer shutting down during the process or you could lose important files.

See if that improves things.

Have done everything as instructed haven't noticed any vast improvement? Maybe its my P/C most probably has had its day lol Unless you can suggest other program-mes that can tweak the system even more.