Default Ethernet Driver for Gateway ML6714 laptop

Hi, I have a gateway ML6714 laptop, which came with windows vista. I promptly uninstalled that, and instead replaced it with Windows XP. I consider it a HUGE upgrade. My only issue is that lately (after 2 years without it), a need has come about for ethernet connections.

I cannot find these drivers anywhere. I have an intel 945 chipset, and a realtek chipset wireless card (drivers for those are all set). Does anyone know where I can get ethernet drivers for this laptop? I tried gateways site, but they had nothing.

Thanks,

Larkaros
    Last edited by PartieHonteuse; 01-19-2012 at 02:15 PM.

One problem, Gateway intended for that Laptop to use Vista and Vista only.

This is a long shot, and I do not know of any other place that have them (off the top of my head). But here's a link that has a few drivers listed for XP. There is also a link in the upper right hand corner of the page (next to the ? mark) to access for Drivers and Download help.The nice thing about Gateway, is you can give them your Laptop SN number and they can pull up the specs.

Gateway Support Drivers & Downloads

The driver I have is Marvell Yukon 88E8038 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller, but I'm running Vista and it may be only for that OS.

You may have to consider generic drivers. Every situation I found concerning downgrading from Vista to XP, have all had trouble finding compatible drivers.

Google > Gateway ML6714 Ethernet Controller for XP , see what you come up with.

Other dedicated members may be able to assist you further!

Good luck!

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Member Help2Go Moderator

Thanks loads! They work great. Back to deving my server!