Default Help! Can't connect to the internet

I accidentally unplugged my computer while it was running, and when I restarted it, I couldn't reconnect to the internet with it. It gave me a few messages I've never seen before, one talking about needing ATI Graphics Drivers and another telling me to install some sort of Windows fax modem or something, which I did (several times), but that didn't seem to do anything. Also, all my icons were resized when I logged in. I did a system restore, in hopes that it would help, but it didn't. I have no idea what's wrong with it. I'm running Windows Vista. If you need more info, please ask. I'll be very grateful to anyone who can solve my problem and tell me the solution in language I can understand!

Blog Entries

Posting your PC specs will help us to help you quicker and more efficiently....we know you have Vista

Also...shut the computer down from the start menu....then unplug the power cord from the back of the computer for a few seconds...then plug it back in and restart

You must unplug it @ the back of the computer....do not turn off the power switch (if there is one) on the back of the computer and do not unplug the cord from the wall socket...just the back of the computer and wait maybe 10 seconds..... then try a restart
    (that will power down the mobo and power supply and reset the computer)
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer