Unhappy CD burner caused PC to shut off before completing boot up

I was a idiot and forgot to check the current progress of the CD i was burning so i ejected the CD i was burning the manual way sticking a needle through that hole because the disc drive won't eject by itself but it wouldn't come out. Then i restarted the computer because the drive was making weird noises but upon boot up it won't get pass a certain part in the boot up process, I think the part where it checks the status of the drives.

Will replacing the messed up disc drive allow my PC to boot up properly.

*I tried opening the disc drive during boot up and when the PC closed the disc drive like 2 seconds after that it restarts the whole computer*

If it's a desktop open the case and pull the power supply connector off the drive, see if it boots normal after that.

Blog Entries

Also.....the paper clip will barely pop the drive open mechanically....you still need to gently pull it open with your fingers....important power down the computer first

If that does not help/work the gears could have failed or the disk is blocking the drive....but if it was burning ...I doubt that the stuck CD is the problem....unless you moved the computer or it is a laptop

Try using your fingers to gentle pull open the access tray with the computer powered off
    ==========================
    Zep's solution will eliminate the CD ROM too
    Last edited by abseh1; 04-16-2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Thx for the help i tried disconnecting the power to the disc drive and then reboot it but it still restarted at the same spot ( windows name and logo with a progress bar at the bottom). Then my dad came in acting like he knows everything about the computer and decides to plug the PC back up and mess around with the components while its still on, and short circuits it....... So now we need another computer.

I think it was the on board power supply or a hard drive failure but it never showed a error saying such.

Blog Entries

If you have two CDROMs...disconnect the ribbon cable and power cable from the bad CDROM
    Then try a bootable Linux Disk....before you make Dad buy a new computer...good luck

You may need to change the boot order?
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer