Question logitech quick cam 10.4 and sound issue

We installed a quick cam software on our Dell with windows XP and ever since we cannot hear any sound from a website. we know the sound works for media player but not for sites like youtube. the software is Logitech quickcam version 10.4. We have uninstalled the software hoping that caused it. Something tells me we may have corrupted a driver but I just don't know enough. I looked in control panel but cannot figure out what is missing?
    any help or advice welcome.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Try doing a 'System Restore' to before you installed the program, hopefully that will work.

Great advice by canuck there, which should solve the issue.

However, did you actually mean 'control panel' there? or was it the Device Manager you were looking in?
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Can you give me a little more info on System Restore? Where is that and what are the steps to do it. Thanks for the response

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

System Restore for XP: Start > Help & Support > undo changes to your computer with System Restore > check 'restore my computer to an earlier time > Next > in the calendar select a date that's in bold before the problem started. Follow instructions and accept the changes as you go through the steps. The PC will be rebooted during this process, again accept the changes if any windows ask.