Default My PC stopped reading my memory card.

A few days ago, my computer stopped recognizing(reading?) my camera's memory card. The card is a SanDisc compact flash 2GB. It used to read it perfectly fine and now it's just won't read it. I tried connecting the camera with a USB cable, but that didn't work either. When I connect the camera with a USB, windows wants to look for a software for Canon Digital Camera and in the end it can't find it lol. I've connected my camera to a pc(not mine) with a USB cable before, and it worked fine without having to install any software. Does anybody have any idea what I should do? :S

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

If you have pictures (data) on the memory card you could try and retrieve them using this free utility Recuva . If it doesn't matter what's on the card you can try reformatting it. In the functions of your camera there should be a utility for reformatting, your camera and PC should recognize it then.

If you can't figure out how to reformat through your camera, here's a free download of
    HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool - v2.1.8 Download - EXTREME Overclocking . I've used this successfully on a couple of occasions, and you don't need HP equipment for it to work.