Default starting a new wireless connection.

Backround: I just recently moved and my computer is not with me yet. I want to set up a wireless internet connection for my ipod touch.

Question: Can I set up a wireless router to produce a signal without a computer? Will I need to borrow someone's laptop to initiate the signal, then remove the computer from the area?

Thanks.

Can I set up a wireless router to produce a signal without a computer?
    The wireless signal is not dependent on the computer, it's dependent on the ISP (Internet Service Provider). As long as that's in place the signal will be generated.

To connect to the internet using wifi on the iPod touch, just follow the following steps:

See link for more,

How to make a wifi internet connection with your iPod Touch | iPod Touch Tricks

Whilst you can have a wireless signal without a computer connected, you will need to connect a computer to set up the connection.

Things like your ISP's username and password, the security key to connect to the wireless connection etc, will require entry, although some do send out a router that is pre-configured, i'll bet this one is not, and if it is, the wireless will probably be switched off by default.

In short, Yes, a computer is needed for the initial setup of the router and the connection settings. this computer can them be removed.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7