Default do not want windows live @startup or messenger on my taskbar

I can't seem to get windows live logon from popping up when i turn on my laptop. I also do not want windows live messenger on my taskbar. Usually the only way i get it off the taskbar is to close it and it disappears. I don't want it to appear at all. I'm kind of afraid to uninstall it as it might be tied to my msn hotmail / msn live account that i use for email. I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

Hi idnknow,

Here's a link that will show you how to prevent WLM from starting up. > How to stop Windows Live Messenger from popping up on Startup.

And here's one that should guide you as to how to remove it from your taskbar. > Workaround to Hide and Minimize Windows Live Messenger Icon/Button to Notification Area (System Tray) in Windows 7

Please let us know if you need any more assistance.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"