Default mp3 files trouble with uploading

I am so frustrated with this, hoping someone can help me.
    I have uploaded mp3 files of my own music onto a site where you want to share with others.
    Others can play them, but when i click on the file to open, i get the Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage, and then gives me the troubleshooting stuff, none of which is pertinent. (Ie, my internet connection is fine etc. ) I have gone over to the associations section in computer settings, but mp3 files are not even listed there.
    I am using vista home.
    I also have recently had troubles (not sure if related or not but just in case am adding) when i try to open an mp3 /music or media file in my gmail account, it won't load but gives me an error message saying association for this type of file not set.

So I guess my question is how do i re-set the association for mp3 files when "mp3" is not showing up in the associations menu.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

I find it hard to believe that you don't have mp3 codec as this is a basic one that comes with WMP. However, you can install the CCCP codec which includes mp3 and many more. CCCP - Combined Community Codec Pack . As far as mp3's not being playable when in gmail, there maybe a security setting that does not allow files other than e-mails to open (mp3's and other formats have been known to have viruses). Stay tuned as others may have some input.

Blog Entries

Just hoping someone has not sent you a bad p2p file?....Canuck's mention of virus makes a lot of sense

Check my signature below and run the virus/malware scans from Help2Go
    Last edited by arraknid; 05-10-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Removed comment
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abseh1 For This Useful Post:

Red face mp3 files trouble with uploading

I have resolved my issue - perhaps if i had a more technically accurate vocabulary i could have expressed the problem more clearly. As it turns out, it was a problem in utilizing the correct non- proxy server setting to allow auto-detect to stream from that particular website.

Whodathunk ?

Thanks all !