Default Internet explorer and firefox

hello
    I wonder if anyone can help, I am running windows 7 on an acer aspire 5720 laptop, 120gb HD and
    2gb ram, now when i open either internet explorer or firefox the pages do not load and i have to click on the refresh button to reload the pages then they load but also when i click on any particular website i want to look at the same thing happens, and i have to click the reload button again but sometimes this doesnt work and either a box comes up as in the case of IE "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" or in the case of firefox "Firefox can't find the server" and it even does this in firefox safe mode start up

I have done the ccleaner and malware scans but all to no avail I still bet the same probs.

Is there any other piece of software i can try that might help.

Kind Regards
    Tony
    Last edited by knight1; 05-17-2010 at 04:42 PM.

Can you pinpoint when this started to occur?

How are you connected to the Internet?

This sounds like a possible router problem. Have you considered contacting your Internet Service Provider to see if any issues occur with them.

hello zep516

I am with a good internet service provider called talk talk on a wireless connection been with them a long time but the problem started in the last couple of weeks, it might be worthwhile checking with my ISP as you suggest.
    Thank you kindly

Yes since it's occurring across 2 browsers I would check with them. Let us know.

Thanks zep516 I will let you know by the weekend what they say and or do, i got to go off now its 2230 here in the uk i got a 4am start in the morning

Good nite, knight1.

I am on talk talk too, and had the same issue.

Changing the MicroFilter fixed this problem for me. do you still have a spare from your setup pack?

(The MicroFilter is the small box that you connect to your master phone socket, which splits the signal into a Phone output and a DSL output)

If your still having trouble after this step, let us know, and i'll let Zep get back to helping you.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7