Question PhotoGallery error code 2761

After reformatting my computer and reinstalling the software that came with it due to , whenever I start up my computer I get PhotoGallery trying to install and get the following, error code2761. I understand that it has something to do with my HP Photosmart printer D7160 and have tried uninstalling and re-installing the software to no avail. Also I have loaded the disc at start-up which solves the problem momentarily, but only whilst the disc is in at start up. There was a conflict with my Lexmark scanner/printer which I have also uninstalled. Is there anyway I can solve this problem before I lose patience and throw the bloody thing out the window. My OS is Windows XP SP3, Packard Bell Desktop, RAM 1.0 GB,Pentium 4 CPU 3.06 Ghz, 200GB HDD of which 169GB is free and 4yrs old. Many Thanks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hi Champino,

PhotoGallery has been problematic since its inception, and as it's free, HP do nothing to solve the problems.

The best advice would be to uninstall it completely, then download and install IrfanView, which is a much better program and also free!

More options here. http://www.ruhanirabin.com/best-free...e-for-windows/
    Last edited by arraknid; 05-28-2010 at 10:44 AM.

Many thanks Arraknid, is it compatable with hp printers or do I need a new set of hardware

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All of the software linked to is compatible with all printers, including HP, so no worries there.

ok again many thanks for your help

Found another solution; Reinstalled the HP software and just deleted the Photosmart 6.5 programme.System and printer work perfectly and again many thanks,without your input I would never have thought of it. Thanks Arraknid