Thread: burner problem

bim

Default burner problem

hello folks. i can burn data disks and copy cds but not video. when i try my comp just turns off. any help appreciated

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Without knowing what system you have and your machine spec, it's difficult to comment, but there are some general things you can check....

Burning very large files requires a lot of memory, both physical RAM and virtual memory. If you only have a small amount of RAM installed, even increasing the Virtual memory won't help.

The burning process requires hard drive space to create temporary files, so a nearly-full drive won't help. The HD may also need defragging.

Trying to burn large files at high speeds can also cause problems under certain circumstances. Try burning at a much lower speed.

Try burning using different burning software. I'd recommend CDBurnerXP which is free, and works on all versions of Windows.

See if any of those help.

bim

Default burner problem

Now then. Another angle i have found is that tho i cant burn avi's i can burn mpg's !!

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you do any of the suggestions in my post?

What are you using to burn the files?

Are you trying to produce a disk that plays on the computer or a DVD player?

Have you considered converting the avi files to mpg?