Thread: power 2 go

Unhappy power 2 go

hi when i try to download a dvd backup it says on screen power 2 go has switched off and my download is cancelled. what is power2go and can i switch it back on. thankyou.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Power2go is disk burning software provided by Cyberlink. It is installed on your machine somewhere. Try reinstalling it.

If you can explain what you are trying to do and what version of Windows you have, we can maybe offer more assistance.

thankyou arraknid for ur reply. i click on tech guys, and it says put in a dvd and download a recovery dvd for windows, but everytime i click on start download it aborts with the on screen power to go has stopped working. hoping you can help ta.

sorry forgot system is windows vista home basic

Blog Entries

Assuming the link is on a web page, can you give us the location of the link you are clicking on? If this is a link on your computer, can you offer more explanation of what it is?

Why are you trying to download a recovery DVD for Vista? And where from?

The more info you can provide, the more we can help.

Default power to go switching off.

hi arraknid ta 4 ur reply i have a e-system laptop. on my desk top i have a cookie called tech-guys.on clicking on t guys it says put in a dvd to download windows vista. if windows fail you will need a recovery dvd. when i press download it says cancelled power 2 go has switched off, i cant find power 2 go on my laptop. thankyou mike.

Blog Entries

Do you know how the link appeared on your desktop? Do you need a Recovery CD? Was there not one supplied with the machine?

thankyou for your patience arrikanid. i want a backup in case windows crashes. there was no recovery disk when i bought my laptop.when i try to download there are no other programs running. power2 go just switches off and aborts the download. ta

Blog Entries

This is the first time I've heard of anyone having to download their installation disk! In case I'm not getting it, is this laptop new? Is the download part of the deal, or have you purchased a second hand machine with no disk supplied and are trying to purchase one from Tech-Guys?

All new machines must have reinstallation media supplied - whether it be a Microsoft disk, a manufacturer's recovery disk, or a recovery partition on the hard drive. Having looked at their UK website, they offer disks at a price, which leads me to suspect that the link you are clicking on is a shortcut to burning the included disk image to a DVD. Clicking on it should be starting the burning software, in your case Power2Go, which isn't playing ball.

Other than calling Tech-Guys, I suggest you try downloading a different program and set it as the default burning software. In that case, clicking on the link should launch the new software and the burning can go ahead. My recommendation would be CDBurnerXP, which also works on Vista and is completely free.

Download from here... CDBurnerXP: Downloads

If you click on Start and type Cyberlink in the search box, you should find the folder containing Power2Go. Look for an uninstaller in the folder and run it. Alternatively, go to Control Panel, then select Programs and Features. You should see an entry in the program uninstall list.

If I'm way off the mark, maybe a full explanation of the circumstances would help.