Default Recycle Bin Problem

I run XP, I have ran it for at least 8 years, I don't remember having this problem before.
    I went to recycle bin and didn't see any files. I hit empty the recycle bin in the top left corner. I was asked if I wanted to delete the 13 files. I said yes and was told that I could not delete DC107 access denied. I did the same thing a few times. I defragged the disk. I went into administrator and cleaned the disk. When I went back to my account, the recycle bin looked empty. I deleted 3 files. I went to the bin and those files showed up. I hit the empty the recycle bin and was asked if I wanted to delete the 16 files. I said yes and was told that I couldn't delete DC1 access denied. In other words I am back to 13 files that won't delete normally.
    The only thing that I have done lately that might have caused this (that I know of) is upgrade my Zone Alarm. I don't know whether to uninstall ZA or restore the disk.

Any suggestions appreciated
    Alex

I right clicked the icon, and went to properties. Set size to zero, rebooted. Deleted some files, they didn't go to bin. Set size back to about what it was before. Rebooted and it seems to be working okay now.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Glad you got it working. In future, if you are unable to delete a file, try doing it in safe mode .. that works fairly well, and if not, there are a couple of programs that are designed to delete hard to get rid of files.