Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problems with Blue Screen (100007e error) and AVG warnings

Hi All,
    Thanks for analysing my post. I have a Dell 410 XPS: XP SP 3.

I just recently finished cleaning of malware, etc with the help of Net_Surfer (please see my thread: Spyware/Malware Removal Assistance Request).

Now I have two problems that may or may not be related.

(1) I get the blue screen of death all the time as well as some windows warnings.
    The windows warning have the 1000007e error code and also a window that shows the files included in the error report. I saved a screen shot into a word document but it is too large to attach on this site (1.07 mb). Let me know if there is any way to attach or please give me guidence on the error code. I have plenty of disk space and I already ran check disk. I am thinking an important system file is missing or corrupted?

(2) Any time I open internet explorer I get multiple warnings from AVG that say there is "a file that could not be scanned probably due to an invalid file structure. Object is white-listed due to being a critical/system file that should not be removed." It shows the file path as: c||windows|system32|ir32_32.dll
    Then I get another AVG application error window that states: "the instruction at 0x6ab4c905 referenced memory at 0xa5883596. The memory could not be read".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone?

Blog Entries

How long has the issue been going on?

System restore might be an option....but with malware problems...not the best choice

It could be anything....but appears to be driver related

It seems a program was not uninstalled completely...thus the dll error

Your previous malware issues may have corrupted your anti-virus app (AVG)

The most common critical errors usually come from graphics card drivers (sometimes sound card).

Did your computer freeze or blue screen prior to that error?

Unfortunately, those error codes are of little help to solve your problem as they could mean anything
    In many cases, a blue screen usually occurs which then triggers a critical error message, the cause of the blue screen will give a good indication of the cause.

Did you update any driver or change/swap/move any hardware?

If you have an on-board video card enable it in the BIOS and remove the video PCI card as a troubleshooting option...plug into the on-board card and give it a try

Sound cards cause similar problems too
    ==========================
    I personally would be thinking about a clean install...from the restore option if you have the partition or the disks
    If you do just a Windows repair...be sure to uninstall AVG first
    If you do...get the updated drivers from the manufacturer's site

Note: Do not forget to backup your data
    Last edited by abseh1; 10-07-2010 at 12:04 PM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking at your logs, I'm guessing that you previously had Norton Security Suite installed. There are still quite a few remnants of that install that need to be removed. Download the Norton Uninstall Tool and run it.

As for the ir32_32.dll problem, that file is part of the Intel Indeo audio/video codec as supplied with Windows Media Player. You can download a new version from here, then copy it to your System32 directory, agreeing to overwriting the original.

Next uninstall AVG and run the System File Checker utility. This explains how.

Once completed, reinstall AVG (or another, e.g. Avast).

See if that helps.

Thanks for the responses.

Arraknid: I began to do what you instructed, but now things have gotten worse.

I ran the Norton uninstall tool & rebooted: No problem

I downloaded the ir32_32.dll and overwrote the original. Then I uninstalled AVG. When I rebooted, my PC will get to the desktop and then go directly to the blue screen of death every time. I am typing this in safe mode which is working no problem (that seems to tell me that it is not something like my video card causing the issues although it could still be a dll or registry file issue). I tried to run the System File Checker utility command but it does not seem to do anything in safe mode. Is there any other way to run it & what else should I try to do?
    Also, here are the warning codes in the blue screen:

0x0000007e 0xc0000005 0xb9e9ecb9 0xbaj3bbad 0xba53b89c

iaStor.sys - address b9eb9ecb9 base at b9e6c000. datestamp 44ad174b

Thank you for all of your help and support.

Blog Entries

For what it is worth safe mode does not use your video card driver

You seem to have serious Windows corruption and driver problem

But stick with arraknid....if any one can save you a factory restore he can...good luck
    Last edited by abseh1; 10-08-2010 at 11:27 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

I thinks Abs may be right. You seem to have something pretty serious going on. I'd like to see the original screenshot image you have showing the list of files related to the 1000007e error code.

If you load the image into Paint (look under All Programs, Accessories), then save it as a .jpeg, you should be able to attach it to your post.

As you have a Dell, I'm guessing you have a recovery partition, but do you have any recovery disks, or preferably a proper Microsoft Installation disk?

Also, open the Run box, type msconfig then click on OK. Click on the Tools tab and then find Event Viewer in the list, highlight it, then click on Launch. When the Event Viewer opens, select System in the left pane, then look to see if you have any red Errors or Warnings that have occurred around the time of the blue screen. Double click the entry, note the details as shown, then add to your next post.

Do the same for any entries under Application.

I bought my PC directly from Dell as a refurbished unit and they did not ship it with a copy of MS XP Media, but I am going to call them now to see if they will send me a copy.

Here is some of the recent event viewer logs data that was during the blue screens (all errors):

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
    AvgLdx86
    AvgMfx86
    AvgTdiX
    cdudf_xp
    Fips
    intelppm
    Lbd
    SASDIFSV
    SASKUTIL

DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF} (I'm think this was caused by trying to open internet explorer while in safe mode without networking. Once I used safe mode with network then is was able to connect to the internet).

AvgLdx86
    AvgMfx86
    AvgTdiX
    Lbd

The HID Input Service service terminated with the following error:
    The specified module could not be found.

The AVG Free WatchDog service failed to start due to the following error:
    The system cannot find the file specified.

The IPSEC Services service depends on the IPSEC driver service which failed to start because of the following error:
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The Bonjour Service service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The Apple Mobile Device service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service depends on the AFD service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.

The DNS Client service depends on the TCP/IP Protocol Driver service which failed to start because of the following error:

The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error:

Lbd

There is only one under Applications, but it does appear more than once:

Microsoft Fax: The outgoing routing rule is not valid because it cannot find a valid device. The outgoing faxes that use this rule will not be routed. Verify that the targeted device or devices (if routed to a group of devices) is connected and installed correctly, and turned on. If routed to a group, verify that the group is configured correctly. Country/region code: '*' Area code: '*'

Fax Service failed to initialize any assigned fax devices (virtual or TAPI). No faxes can be sent or received until a fax device is installed.

The Microsoft Fax warnings (not error) do seem to be at the time of my morning boot up. I do not use this program.

I don't know if I can save the blue screen to paint or a flash because I need to a hard shut down and no other functionality other than safe mode. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the continued support.

Blog Entries

A lot of those errors relate to previous problems, in particular the AVG errors. What I need to see is the latest situation.

Try doing a normal startup via the page you are using to access Safe Mode, by selecting Last Known Good Configuration.

If and when the load fails, make a note of the time, then restart in Safe Mode and check Event Viewer only for errors at that time.

When double clicking on the entry/entries, make a note of the Source, Event ID and Description details.

FYI... If you saved the screenshot image to a Word Document, you should be able to select it it, copy it then paste it into Paint.

If you aren't using FAX, shut it down by going to Add or Remove Programs, selecting Add/Remove Windows Components in the left panel. Find FAX in the list, deselect it, the click on Next.

Unfortunately when I tried rebooting to the last known good config I get the same issue: Desktop for a few seconds and then a blue screen with the same codes I posted earlier.

I attached the other warnings that I saved into word and then pasted into paint.

Here are the three event error logs I got:

Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 7206
    Description:
    AvgLdx86
    AvgMfx86
    AvgTdiX
    cdudf_xp
    Fips
    intelppm
    Lbd
    SASDIFSV
    SASKUTIL

---------------------------

Source: DCOM
    ID: 10005
    Desc: DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service StiSvc with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {A1F4E726-8CF1-11D1-BF92-0060081ED811}

-------------------------

Source: DCOM
    ID: 10005
    Desc: DCOM got error "This service cannot be started in Safe Mode " attempting to start the service EventSystem with arguments "" in order to run the server:
    {1BE1F766-5536-11D1-B726-00C04FB926AF}

-------------------------------------

Application Warnings:
    Source: MsiInstaller
    ID: 1015
    Desc: Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x8007043C

Source: MsiInstaller
    ID: 1001
    Desc: Detection of product '{90280409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}', feature 'TCWP5Files' failed during request for component '{CC29EC7F-7BC2-11D1-A921-00A0C91E2AA2}'

I hope this helps, I am trying the best I can.
    Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast