Default Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) at start up - Help Needed

Recently I have started to get the BSOD at startup and only safe mode is working and I am currently working with in safe mood with networking.

Running Windows XP Pro SP2 on dell dimension 8400 with Pentium 4 3.0 ghz processor.

Sometimes the BSOD says DRIVER_CORRUPTER_MMPOOL and sometimes it says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and sometimes DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Some of the stop codes have been:

0x000000c5(0x00000004,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x8054afd2)

and

0x0000000A(0x00000001,0x00000002,0x00000001,0x806E4a2a)

I have run numerous malware programs and all show clean, but I can post logs if you wish. Any help on what to do would be greatly appreciated. I am pretty experienced at computers, but not expert level so I feel comfortable doing whatever.

Thanks.

Some of the stop codes have been:
    That's going to be difficult to troubleshoot more then 1 stop error. But I'll try and get you started.

The first question we usually ask is have you added any new hardware or software to the machine? Have you tried disconnecting everything from the pc that is not needed and boot from that point of view, no modem , router any usb devices etc. You might also consider running a memory test, Memtest is good start, also a hard drive test from the hard drive manufactures site. If the computer has more the 1 stick of ram pull it out and try each stick separately. There's also a tool called blue screen view you could Google that although it's usually used when troubleshooting 1 Stop error.

Have you tried a System Restore from safe mode to a time when things were working?

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Download SP3

Then remove any new hardware recently installed

Install SP3

It appears to be a hardware error...but you need to update SP3 and then all windows critical updates
    Last edited by abseh1; 12-29-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Did not see zep's post
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

I added a new HDD about 1 month ago and problems have seen to have happened since then.

System restore did not work and I cannot downlaod Windows xp updates because of an error.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As you have now decided to post in the Spyware help forum, this thread will be closed. If necessary, you can ask to have it reopened by sending a PM to by me or another moderator.