Default Facebook video size limit

My daughter wants to upload a video to Facebook. They say the limit is 100mb and 2 minutes but we have seen several videos on there that last a lot longer. Her video is 4 minutes and only 63mb. The Facebook help/contact facility is worse than Ebay's. Does anyone know a way to do this?
    Be alert. The world needs lerts.

Hi Grezaldo,

I found the info below at this link here--> facebook DEVELOPERS
    About User Upload Limits

Each user is subject to limits on the length and size of the video files they can upload, just like they are when uploading through Facebook. Use video.getUploadLimits to determine a specific user's limits. To increase video upload limits, users can ''verify'' their accounts with Facebook. One simple way to verify an account is by confirming a mobile phone number with Facebook. You can determine whether a user has verified their account querying for verified on the user FQL table or by calling users.isVerified, but in general you should determine a user's video limits independently with video.getUploadLimits. You might want to display these limits to the user before that user tries to upload a video to Facebook.
    I am not a true Facebook user except to keep track of family and friends from afar (which is not that often). And I would be leery about giving my mobile number just to verify my account on Facebook.
    One simple way to verify an account is by confirming a mobile phone number with Facebook.
    Maybe there's another way so you don't have to give your mobile number.

Here's a link where this fella had the same question. Video upload limit on Facebook?

Last edited by DonnaB; 01-01-2011 at 01:18 PM. Reason: verbiage
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Grezaldo,

Here's some information about giving your Mobile Phone number to Facebook to achieve "Higher Account Control" that I felt you should see.

Observe Step 2 in the link below. Step 1 I also find concern with also:

Facebook Privacy Warning

When you select the option under Mobile Phone to "Sign up for Facebook mobile" and reach "High" Account Control, the instructions are to select country and mobile carrier and then enter the code received after sending a text message to FBOOK from the mobile number.

Unfortunately, this is where caution is needed. The option to add the phone number to your Facebook profile is pre-checked.

If you do not have your that information blocked in your profile, unless the option is unchecked, depending on your privacy settings, you will be providing your mobile number to anyone who has access to your profile information.

Personally, considering the frequent manner in which Facebook changes settings, I prefer not to include that information in Facebook. However, in the event you elect to include your mobile number, you can control who has access to that and other personal information.
    Just a heads up to prevent future catastrophes.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Thanks Donna, There is a shop near me that sells sim cards for 1 with 1 credit loaded so the card is basically free. I think the phone companies do it just to get people to change networks. I bought one and used it on Facebook. I don't know if this has increased the limit as my daughter has not tried it yet.
    Be alert. The world needs lerts.

Hi Grezaldo,

I just received a very informative message from the Publisher of the Blog that I linked you to in post #3 above concerning the safety of giving your Mobile Phone number to Facebook to achieve "Higher Account Control" status on Facebook.

The Publisher (Corrine) suggested that in the future you could upload the video to YouTube then post the link to the video at YouTube on her Facebook Profile.

Many thanks to Corrine! I'm sure this information will be very useful for many who are wondering how to share their videos without submitting personal information on Facebook such as Mobile Phone numbers.

Personally, i got a free sim from o2 (in england) and used that.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Grezaldo View Post
    My daughter wants to upload a video to Facebook. They say the limit is 100mb and 2 minutes but we have seen several videos on there that last a lot longer. Her video is 4 minutes and only 63mb. The Facebook help/contact facility is worse than Ebay's. Does anyone know a way to do this?
    Dear Grezaldo,

The limit on Facebook uploading is 1024 MB = 1 GB not 100 MB and the duration limit is 20 minutes not 2 minutes. In my opinion, this problem should never occur because your video is below both the limitations. There may be some problem with the video format or the video file itself.

What I would recommend is to try using a different browser or try to upload on YouTube and share the link on facebook (if it's not personal video).

Thank you!

I go to movie maker and then publish it to computer as best to playback; then upload it on facebook. I never had a problem.
    Last edited by Machine; 01-28-2011 at 05:03 PM.