Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default apps in facebook will not load

I am having a problem loading apps in facebook. Whenever I click on an app I get a page will not load message. I've tried in Firefox, IE, and Chrome, with similar results. I've asked facebook 3 times and they have given me no response. I've run malwarebytes, microsoft fix-it, and anything else I can think of. I CAN access the apps on my friend's desktop. Does anyone have any suggestions?

It seems it is something on your computer, and not your facebook account.

Which apps are they?

If they are Java based, you may need to update Java (java.com: Java + You)
    if flash based, you may need to update the Flash Player (Adobe - Install a different version of Adobe Flash Player)

Or it may just be a cookie problem, but this seems unlikely if its happening on all 3 browsers.

If you need advice on any of the above suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

Thanks for responding MrDarn. I have updated flash and java, and still same problem. I think the problem started when my laptop restarted itself overnight one night. Everything was fine the night before, and broken the next day. I did a system restore to before it happened, but still have the problem. Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Have you checked the security settings in Facebook to see if they've been blocked?

They are not blocked on facebook security settings. I am totally mystified and frustrated!

All apps are the same. Even if I get an email with a link to one I've never been to before, it will not load!
    I've even tried a new facebook acct, and still will not load apps. Every once in a while yahoo mail and hotmail will not load either, but usually if I reload the page, it works.
    Last edited by lindilew; 01-05-2011 at 11:49 AM.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've no idea how Facebook works as far as apps are concerned, but as they accessible from another machine, and not in any browser on your own machine, the fault is certainly with your machine. You've updated Java and Flash, so you are now left with the firewall. If you are using the standard Windows firewall, try disabling it for a while to test it. If you have a third-party firewall installed, try the same. If the apps load OK, you'll need to configure the firewall to allow access.

Most of the answers i've researched refer to emptying temp files and clearing cookies.

Many also refer to outdated browsers, so if the above does not work, can you let us know what you do to empty temp files and clear out cookies, and also the browser version you have. (click "help" then "About" inside the browser, above the address bar.)
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

I'm running the latest version of all 3 browsers for Windows XP. Making sure they were updated was one of my first thoughts. Tried emptying temp files and clearing cookies using the tools in each browser. That was one of the first things I tried and just did it again. Is there a better way to do this?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As I said earlier, if you have the same thing happening on all browsers, it isn't a browser problem, the fault is certainly with your machine.

Did you do what I suggested re: your firewall?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast