Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Spellcheck does not work - normal solutions don't work

Spellcheck on my Microsoft Word 2007 does not work. Everytime i click on it Windows Installer pops up asking me to insert the "Microsoft Photo Premium 10" CD disk, which i don't have, and in any case sounds irrelevant?!

Upon clicking cancel Windows Installer says
    "Error 1706 No valid source can be found for product Microsft Photo Premium 10. The Windows Installer cannot continue."

I've already searched around the internet for solutions, but none fit my problem that i can see.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Do a repair of MS Word2007. I believe if you insert the word cd you will be given the opportunity to Uninstall or repair. Keep us posted.

Blog Entries

If the uninstall or repair does not work

There are several solutions from MS Article ID: 970826 , including a "Fix It" option

Spell Checker does not recognize misspelled words in Word 2007
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

What OS?

Also, I do not believe Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 10 is compatible with Win7

Look in programs and/or add remove and see if it will allow you to uninstall Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 10

There are free downloads for it on the Internet but be careful...some are not safe...once you install it on a OS other than Win 7...immediately remove /uninstall Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 10...that should clear the attempt to install Microsoft Picture It! Photo Premium 10
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

@Canuck. I tried repairing it, but it didn't fix and i can't insert the CD because i have no CD, it came with the computer from a friend.

@Abseh1. I don't have win7, i have windows 2000, if thats what you meant. i was referring above to word 2007. sorry for confusion. I have checked and my computer does not have Photo Premium application. Although when i search the term it comes up with four documents named that, but does not allow me to open.

Sorry, correction - when searched for, i do have the application, but i cannot open it and it does not appear in the add/remove programs list

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

You can try going to Control Panel > Add/Remove programs > click on word > change > and follow instructions .. but you may still need the cd. If your friend did not give you the cd, you are basically using pirated software unless he is no longer using it, in which case he should give you the cd.

I tried doing that, I tried clicking Add or Remove Features but that didn't help, because i needed the CD
    I tried Repair button but then it said "setup cannot find Office.en-us msvcr80.dll. Browse to a valid installation source and then click OK"

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Msvcr80.dll is an active component of the Microsoft Visual Studio 2005. Any application that is written using this software requires the msvcr80.dll file to run. Download the file from here (on the left side under the cryptogram), and install it in your System32 folder.

I saved the file, it didn't allow me to say where to save it to, but when i tried opening it, it didn't allow me to. When i tried the alternative of just opening it, it told me to open it with a program, which should i choose if any?

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You won't be able to open it. Just copy or move it to your System32 folder which you'll find inside the Windows folder on your C drive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast