Default Transferring Applications and Outlook emails from Old PC to new

Hi,

I have as Dell GX280 running Windows XP Pro. Key software is Outlook Express and Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Edition. I have loads of other applications but my priority is to get my email files and all my Office Files across to the new system safely.

I know it's dumb to use email folders as a a big filing cabinet but that's how I have worked for a while and there is a lot of valuable stuff I need to protect. I'll start working smarter later.

Target system is a Dell E6510 Laptop with Windows 7 and Microsft Office 2010. I need to start using full-on Outlook, not Express.

Question 1. What is the safest and simplest way of transferring these email files from environment to the other.

Question 2. Is there a safe and simple way of backing up these email files before I attempt this.

I did buy and install Genie Backup Manager Pro V8. I have followed the instructions but didn't really understand what was happening and have never attemped to restore these files.

I did look around for similar posts before filing this one. If I've missed one I'm happy to be pointed in the right direction.

Thanks in anticipation
    Nfish

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Hi,

Sorry been away for a while so didn't pick up your reply. Should have guessed it would be something as dumb as this! Sorry if I was wasting your time.

As ever thanks for your help