Default Microsoft updates and patches

I have an easy question, I downloaded Google Crome and it was alright, then I downloaded firefox and i love it. So here is my question, do i need to download Microsoft patches and updates for windows XP? Or do i just need to keep Firefox updated.

Hello badbye,

It's very important to keep all your Programs / software up to date, That includes Windows too. Windows XP is currently running at the Service pack 3 level (SP3). What service pack are you running? To find out right click My Computer, in the window that opens choose properties. This will tell you what you're running. Firefox just released (RC4) release candidate 4. Is that what you downloaded. To find out the version of Firefox you're using, in the browser Click "Help" in the window that opens, click "About Firefox" This will indicate the version # you're running.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zep516 For This Useful Post:

Hi zep516, Thanks for your quick return. I am running SP3 and Firefox 3.6.15..............

You're welcome! I'm running the RC4 Version of Firefox and it's very good so far, and a bit faster at opening webpages then the last version (3.6.15.). It's a release candidate (RC4) that means it's still under testing, and not fully ready for prime-time just yet.