Thumbs up Windows 7 "Reliability/Performance Report"- "Error"- "Avg. Disk Queue Length=2".

Reliability and Performance Report (Windows 7)-Flagged- "Avg Disk Queue Length=2". (Min=0.8, Max=6). Recommended "Defrag". But I already have, and do so daily. Could
    something else be the cause? (or nothing to worry about)?
    Please advise.
    scottt331

As a general rule for hard disks, an Avg Disk Queue Length greater than 2 (per hard disk) for extended periods of time is considered undesirable.

More here.

High Avg Disk Queue Length and finding the Cause - IIS Hacks | Server and System Administration

I would not worry about it so much.

Blog Entries

Among the other changes under the hood in Windows 7 are the following:
    • Defragmentation in Windows 7 is more comprehensive – many files that could not be re-located in Windows Vista or earlier versions can now be optimally re-placed. In particular, a lot of work was done to make various NTFS metadata files movable. This ability to relocate NTFS metadata files also benefits volume shrink, since it enables the system to pack all files and file system metadata more closely and free up space “at the end” which can be reclaimed if required.
    • If solid-state media is detected, Windows disables defragmentation on that disk. The physical nature of solid-state media is such that defragmentation is not needed and in fact, could decrease overall media lifetime in certain cases.
    • By default, defragmentation is disabled on Windows Server 2008 R2 (the Windows 7 server release). Given the variability of server workloads, defragmentation should be enabled and scheduled only by an administrator who understands those workloads.
    Best practices for using defragmentation in Windows 7 are simpleyou do not need to do anything! Defragmentation is scheduled to automatically run periodically and in the background with minimal impact to foreground activity. This ensures that data on your hard disk drives is efficiently placed so the system can provide optimal responsiveness
    You HDD is a determining factor too....for example a solid state HDD will turn the defrag system off

Credits: More Info Engineering Windows 7
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer