Default Wireless Router Connection Problem w/Laptop

I recently bought my daughter a new laptop for her bday (Dell Inspiron 15r). I had an old, but unused, router that I gave them to use since I never had a use for it. The router is a Linksys Wireless B router, model BEFW11S4, ver. 4. I followed the instructional CD to a "T." The internet runs fine on the desktop.
    However, when I go to access the network on my daughter's laptop, it fails to connect. It picks up the network just fine, but the problem starts when it asks for the password. It just will not accept the password. I've tried resetting the router countless times and doing the steps over, but still nothing. When I disable the password, I am able to connect to the network with the laptop rather seamless.. I want the network protected but this is giving me a hard time. Any advice on what I can do?

P.S.- I checked the network card and it supports b/g/n so that is not the problem.

Hi envychulo1,

Welcome to Help2Go!

And I apologize for the delay in responding.

We had trouble getting my laptop to connect with our Linksys router till we found a manual online that helped to explain much better than the instructional CD.

Following is a link for the manual of your Linksys Wireless B router, model BEFW11S4.

Linksys BEFW11S4 Wireless-B Cable/DSL Router Manual

The print is somewhat small so you may want to click on your Ctrl & + keys to zoom it in better.

Let us know if it helps. I'm sure someone else may have advice to offer.

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 03-21-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: verbiage
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thank You Donna... I'm going to check it out now and try troubleshooting it again tomorrow.. I'll let you know how it goes and thanks for the tip.

You're welcome envychulo1!

Please do let us know how it goes. I'm hoping it is something quite simple that was overlooked.

Good luck!

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"