Default Unknown Software on PCs?

My desktop and laptop show a new icon in the task bar that I can't identify. It is light blue, with a white k (I think). When I click on it, it requires a password. When I right click, a tab 'settings' apears, but when I click on that, it requires a password. My kids laptops dont show the new icon...I can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas what it might be or how I can find out? I'm sure it wasn't there last week. Thank you!!!!

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

Download a free program called Ccleaner and install. It's an excellent utility that we all use, in it's default settings it will clean out unnecessary history and junk files ... note, it also includes a registry cleaner, we do not recommend the use of this or any registry cleaner as they have been know to cause problems. But before you get into that, click on the Tools icon > Startup icon > bottom right in this window click 'Save to text file' and save it to your desktop. In the next post you create here copy the file and paste to your post. We'll take a look at the log and try to identify the program for you. If it's malware we can set you up with one of our spyware fighters to uninstall the program if we're unable to delete it through normal procedures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Canuck For This Useful Post:

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Have you installed a Bluetooth adapter or any mobile phone software?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arraknid For This Useful Post: