Exclamation What to do after you dban your vaio laptop?

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, model PCG-7H1L. I am not sure if I can get the recovery discs to work now that I used DBAN on it. Can you give me any clues as to what I need to do?

Hi klambert,

Welcome to Help2Go!

Are the Recovery Disks the actual "Factory Recovery Disks" for that particular computer? If they are then you should be able to accomplish a reinstall with those disks. It's been awhile since I've used my Factory Recovery Disks but I think you will need your Product key as well. I'm sure one of the other members will verify this if I am incorrect.

The Factory Recovery Disc installs a new copy of the Windows OS. The installation does not recreate the recovery partition that DBAN has wiped off the drive, but it does install Windows and all the drivers and programs that originally came with the computer.

Try it and let us know how it goes. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Donna
    Last edited by DonnaB; 04-20-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: spelling
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"