Default Used winsockxpfix now i can't connect to Internet!

Hi everybody I'm having some major technical issues and I'm postingfrom my iPhone because of this:

A little backstory: my internet goes out down all the time. I'm running a wireless connection because my ISP ( att) says it would take too much effort to run a wired connection( my house is built awkwardly when you come in you are upstairs). The Internet also goes out on the ps3. I'm not too computer savvy so when i saw that winsockxpfix stops disconnects I downloaded the program and ran it. Now I can't get on the Internet at all on my desktop.

Internet still works on my windows 7 laptop and is working on my ps3 but not on my windows xp desktop.

Looking back at it now, I believe My Internet goes out because I used too much bandwidth. Please help with my issue.

Thanks again.

Paraphrased: I used winsockxpfix and now I can't connect to the Internet anymore.

Hi Aalegria0,

Welcome to Help2Go!

As you found out winsockxpfix is not a tool to be used without professional guidance.

Please try a System Restore to a time before you used the tool.

Go to > Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > and click on System Restore.

Then click on Restore my computer to an earlier time

Click Next>

Select a Restore Point to a time before you used the tool then select Next> again.

Confirm the Restore Point and click Next>

Allow the computer some time to perform the Restore. It should reboot itself once finished and confirm if the Restoration was complete.

Then click OK.

Let us know if that helps to regain access to the internet.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Blog Entries

Microsoft Fix it 50203
    It says SP2 ...but has been used on SP3 too
    Create a system restore point before using

If Donna's restore does not work try the link above and scroll down to the Fixit icon .....read all the instructions too...there is a test , prior to the several repair options from MS$$$
    ====================
    You can do a manual repair too:
    Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt.

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ip reset reset.log

Reboot the machine.

Note: Try turning off the firewall...it is often a source of this type of problem...you may need to allow TCP etc in the firewall
    Last edited by abseh1; 04-21-2011 at 08:48 AM.
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer