Default Bad Image Error Message

I keep getting a Bad Image error message every time a program runs. I tried to restore my computer back to a previous date, but it didn't help. Can anyone out there help me?

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

More info needed ... operating system (XP< Vista etc) what programs are bringing up this message, what is the message exactly, have you updated drivers for graphic card ..

Default Bad Image Error Message

I am running Windows XP. I get the message whenever I open any program. I haven't installed any new drivers recently. I did a virus scan using both AVG and SuperAntispyware Free - both came up with no infections.

Here is the exact message:
    Monitor.exe (substitute the executable file for any program that attempts to open) - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\PROGRA~1\BEARSH~1\MediaBar\Datamngr\datamngr.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Administrator Help2Go Administrator Canuck's Avatar

This is the information on the .dll
    Component Name: datamgr.dll Description of : TOPicks is an Internet Explorer toolbar that employs a browser plug-in to deliver links. The accompanying ads that impede surfing speed, and TOPicks has a component that can silently update itself.

Recommendation for :
    It is highly recommended that this application be removed. Non-removal of this application will expose you to unscrupulous advertisers who will constantly send you numerous unsolicited ads.
    I suggest you follow these steps Help2Go Forums - How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer . After saving the logs, please create a new thread in the spyware forum and paste the logs to it. You may refer to this thread to give the spyware expert a heads-up on the problem.

I have already gone through the steps in the How to start removing viruses and spyware and will now create the new thread. Thanks for your help.