Default Is shared hosting server the answer?

I am puzzled on different hosting services, and quite confuse on the services they offered. I was thinking of having my website on a shared hosting server but I'm afraid it may give me lots of troubles instead.. :confused Any suggestions???

Shared hosting, sometimes called shared services or virtual hosting. I'll share this one with you, what I think are the most important things to check into when opening a hosting account.Web hosting - Find the best hosting and host to suit your needs! might help you to know how to choose a good Website Host.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DeityExMachina For This Useful Post:

Advantages
    If you choose a dedicated server with powerful specification, you would easily notice the huge performance gap compared to shared hosting accounts. This is because you almost “own” everything in a dedicated server: you have the complete control of the resources and you have the right to impose any configuration or install any software. Talking about control, webmasters have the full freedom in deciding what applications to be installed in the dedicated server. You can implement any configuration concerning a specific software or even the operating system itself. For instance, you can implement system-wide optimizations such as improving page load speeds by tweaking server variables and better allocation of resources needed by the web server in general. Dedicated server owners usually do this beyond the default settings to improve their site’s performance and security, ensuring that their websites are distributed to different users in a reliable manner and improving significantly customer satisfaction. This, in many ways, contrasts the shared server environment where only the hosting company can apply settings for the benefit of the general shared account users. Another major advantage of getting a dedicated server machine is that you can have a thorough analysis of the system if you ever need to do so. This privilege is truly invaluable in deciding which software or hardware component needs to be updated or upgraded. As a result of this extensibility, server reliability and performance could be improved further.

Disadvantages
    Dedicated servers are generally more expensive than shared hosting servers. High pricing is usually referred as a “disadvantage” especially when it comes to business decisions. Dedicated server packages could be commonly quoted from the majority of web hosting companies at several hundred dollars to a several thousand dollars per month. Top Hosting Center offers a special dedicated server solution priced at only $69.95 per month. Problem with regards to pricing, however, is expected to ease as many hosting companies offering dedicated hosting proliferate rapidly worldwide. Tighter competition results a declining price that becomes beneficial to many individuals and business owners. Another disadvantage of dedicated web hosting is the need to monitor the server. It demands a skilled administrator to do appropriate software installations, upgrades and backups. He/She must be knowledgeable in dealing potential hacks and program patches, adding sites, configuring software, and system troubleshooting. Though this problem does not directly involves you, if your web hosting company fails to possess such personnel, it may inhibit or even defeat the successful implementation of a website hosted on a dedicated server — hurting you directly.