Thread: brccmctl

Default brccmctl

When trying to download Adobe Flasj Player, I am asked to quit this: brccmctl.
    I am lost, as I do NOT know about this.
    Please assist.
    Best regards, John

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 123john For This Useful Post:

Hi John,

Do you have a Brother printer?

What is brccmctl.exe

If so, open up your Task Manager and click on the Processes tab at the top. Look for and Left click on brccmctl.exe from the list and then click on End Task button at the bottom of the window and try again.

Let us know if that helps.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

It seems you have or did have and removed a Brother Printer and have some printer software that is corrupted now

brccmctl.exe is a Printer Monitor from Brother Industries, Ltd. belonging to Control Center 3 Non-system processes like brccmctl.exe originate from software you installed on your system

You can try turning off the brother printer or removing the Brother printer software....then try and install Adobe FP

You really do not need the printer software but if you like and want it...reinstall the Control Center 3

Also...run CCleaner too and the other tools here...How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Edit: Sorry, DonnaB did not see your post above...abs
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Oh my! (delayed reaction) I didn't see that you had posted here this A.M. either abseh. Sorry!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

I did as instructed and everything went fine. I was concerned that removing what I did from processes might disable my brother printer. After the download
    continued without a hitch I ran a test print on my brother printer and all was fine. Thanks to you and google, for the tip.

Hi tmiller500,

Welcome to Help2Go!

You're welcome, and thank you for confirming that ending that process will not interfere with the functions of the printer. This will give many the confidence to proceed with ending that process when confronted with this issue.

Donna