Default Hijack log question?

(First off, this is not a major issue, just a simple question, so thanks for any spare time you guys have! I'm still learning a lot about computers, and I still want to learn more!)

I've had the Hijack program for a while now, and if I were to have a major computer problem, can I just copy and paste the first log, (which was just fine, when the laptop had NO problems) into the problem area and have it fix my computer? Kind of like an easier system restore?

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this. >< This is the only open question thread that I know of to learn more about these things. I hope I'm not wasting anyone's time, and I love this site! It's very helpful, and I appreciate everyone's help I've had with past issues!)

Hi Collegekid,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but your concept of what HiJackThis is used for is a total misconception.

It is not used for recovery nor restoring your computer if anything major occurs to your OS (Windows Operating System).

HijackThis is an advanced tool, and therefore requires advanced knowledge about Windows and operating systems in general. If you delete items that it shows, without knowing what they are, it can lead to other problems such as your Internet no longer working or problems with running Windows itself. The tool is used mainly for the removal of malware by experts who are trained on how to use it.

If you do not have advanced knowledge about computers you should NOT fix entries using HijackThis without the guidance of an expert while using this program.

Depending on what the major computer problem is, if it is not malware related, the best way to go for what you are asking would be to use an imaging program such as Acronis, or Norton Ghost. These programs create a complete image of the C: Drive when in a healthy state and can be used to restore your system back to a healthy state if a major computer problem ever occurred outside of hardware failure or severe malware issues. They are offered as free trial programs for 30 days. See below.

Norton Ghost
    Norton Ghost helps you back up your whole hard drive or just selected folders to another partition, a networked drive or an external storage device.
    Acronis
    A perfect computer backup and disk recovery program that allows you to create hard disk drive images and file backups.
    Please stay tuned. Other members may have some information to add or fill in the gaps that I have overlooked above.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries

Collegekid

DonnaB has posted important info

However, if I am reading between the lines and believe you are asking if you can post a HijacThis log here on a computer that you know is OK
    The answer again is no

You can use the Help2Go Forums - Help2Go Detective to analyze your log and look at the recommendations, but as DonnaB properly posted do no make changes...that is for the experts only

The proper place @ Help2Go is in the Spyware Help Forum...not the Computer Help Forum ....the volunteers are working with a very heavy load and do not have time to look @ HJ logs on a perfectly good running computer....I am sure you can understand

Again....no one should post a HJ log unless asked by a Help2Go spyware expert and never before first running the link in my signature below...the volunteer will have expected it

If I misunderstood you, then disregard....but the info I posted is still valid...abs
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

5. The Following User Says Thank You to abseh1 For This Useful Post:

Collegekid,

I'd like to share with you a thread that our very own MrDarn had started some time ago that I found to be very educating.

how computers work - Free Lectures

Also, I am including a link to the site that helped me to understand basic Computer Skills just after I found this excellent forum.

Free Online Learning at GCFLearnFree.org

I never realized just how much fun it was to learn about computers. The members here at Help2Go taught me the most important thing of all and that is that There is no such thing as a stupid question!

And if I may add, you are not wasting our time by asking questions. You're reminding us that we once were beginners too and needed someone to show us the way. We're here to Help!

Hey! I like that! Guess that's why Osc called his site Help2Go! ROFL!

Ok....not funny. But I needed a laugh.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Thank you guys all, so much for taking time to help me and everyone else on this thread. You guys are miracle workers, you really are.

Oh, and I will definitely check out those links!