Question Windows Live Mail

I am having a time trying to adjust to Windows Live Mail. I have Windows 7 and just recently had Outlook Express with 2 accounts. I am having a problem understanding the Folder layout and which mail is coming (originally) to what folders or accounts. Is there a guide to using Windows Live anywhere?

Hi leewilliams,

Welcome to Help2Go!

See if the links below help you in any way:

Windows Live Mail Tutorial

Windows Live Mail Tutorial - BRIGHT HUB

If not, let us know.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Default Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by leewilliams View Post

I am having a time trying to adjust to Windows Live Mail. I have Windows 7 and just recently had Outlook Express with 2 accounts. I am having a problem understanding the Folder layout and which mail is coming (originally) to what folders or accounts. Is there a guide to using Windows Live anywhere?
    I need to know if there is any way to separate the e-mail accounts, so I can have one account with the folders following and then the 2nd or next account displayed in a like manner. Also, it seems like the folder (storage folders) have no rhyme nor reason as to how they are set up. Is there some things that can be done away with (deleted) to make for more organization?

Just read the previous post. past tutorial was no help...

There are several versions of WLM (formerly WLM). Which version do you have.

See if this helps in any way:

Mail: Add accounts

I'll search around a bit more to see if I can find anything that fits your needs. Honestly, I prefer web based mail over my WLM and I am limited as how to guide you further.

If the above link is of no use, please stay tuned, other members who use Windows Live Mail faithfully may be able to answer that question with out searching for the answer.

If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

Default Wlm

This is close, but no cigar. I just want to organize all the extra folders and keep everything related to a specific account in one place and the other account the same way.....Right now they seemed to be mixed up..

There are several versions of WLM (formerly WLM). Which version do you have.
    Depending on which version you have, multiple e-mail accts may not be supported. It's important for me to know which version you have installed. In WLM 2011 multiple email accts is supported and set up at time of installation. There may be an option to set up a 2nd acct. after it is installed. But, again, I need to know which version you have to verify this.

How to install and configure Windows Live Mail 2011

Please let me know which version you have installed. That will help loads!

Thank you,

Donna

Blog Entries

Another option is Thunderbird 3.1 Features
    Smart Folders

Smart Folders helps you manage multiple email accounts by combining special folders like your Inbox, Sent, or Archive folder. Instead of going to the Inbox for each of your mail accounts, you can see all of your incoming email in one Inbox folder....or you can check each mail account separately

It looks like Outlook Express but is open source and works well with pop and imap multi accounts and Win7
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

I have Windows Version 2011 Build 15.4.3508.1109................MS Office 2010 Proofing tools...
    Is there any other info you need?

Is there any other info you need?
    Perfect! None what so ever!

In the link below at the very bottom it states:

You may be hesitant to add another email account in Windows Live Mail, thinking that all your email messages will be mixed up between accounts: this is not the case. Windows Live Mail will create a separate inbox and group of standard email folders for each email address you have setup. You can manually move emails between folders if you want to, but by default, Windows Live Mail will keep your emails organized by email account.
    Add another email account in Windows Live Mail

So, by what the link above is stating, you should be able to add another account and organize the emails manually between the 2 accts into the folders that you would like for them to be in.

Let me know if this works for you.