Default Unable to delete folder

Hi,
    I am unable to delete a folder( any folder ) from MUSIC library. When I R click the folder > click delete > it says I need permission. I am the only user of the computer.
    Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You need to take ownership of the folder. Do the following, carefully!

Right-click folder -> Click Properties -> Select Security tab -> Click Advanced button -> Select Owner tab -> Click Edit button -> Select your username or Administrators (if you are an Admin on your system) -> Click OK -> Click OK again.

Now change the permissions by clicking the Edit button -> Select Administrators -> Check the Full Control check box under allow -> Click Apply -> Select your username -> Check the Full Control check box under allow -> Click Apply -> Click OK -> Click OK.

Then try deleting the folder.

If you still have a problem, try starting in Safe Mode, and deleting the file.

The Permissions allow/deny are checked allow but are grayed out.I can't really do much.

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Did you try deleting it in Safe Mode?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to arraknid For This Useful Post:

Try this program, its free, Emco Unlock IT, it gives a detailed info list of the file/folder, ownership, dependencies and allows force removable of files, EMCO UnLock IT download and reviews from SnapFiles

If Unlock It doesn't help, this program should help, LockHunter is a free 64/32 bit tool to delete files blocked by any processes
    It works on both 32bit and 64bit Versions of Windows.