Thread: Wireless

Default Wireless

I have been on dialup forever and i have just switched to high speed internet with a wireless router and moden. What i need is some help on how to hook up my notebook wirelessly to my copier that is hooked up (hard wired)to my desktop. I have a HP officejet 4300 copier, scanner , printer, and fax machine. But how to i communicate with the copier? I have a compacq note book with wireless that i am hooked up to the internet.
    Thanks for any help,

Blog Entries

Is this Windows XP on both computers?

Put both computers in the same work group

You will need the computer that is connected to the printer turned on... then go to printers and find the printer ...right click and allow sharing

BTW: If you put both computers in the same work group...you will be able to share the printer and other files too

More info: Microsoft Corporation

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb457001.aspx
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Blog Entries

Since you are new to wireless...read the info below if you need to secure the wireless network ...just let us know and I will send some instructions

This has nothing to do with the printer per se but it is important to have a secure wireless network

how can you tell if your wireless network is not secure?

In XP:

Open Control Panel > Network Connections > View Network Connections >Right Click your wireless adapter and select View Available Wireless Networks. If your wireless network is listed as Unsecured then other people can easily use your internet connection or access your network.

Default wireless

Abshe1, I tried what you said and it does nothing. I do have XP on both computers and i do have a secured router. I got on the desktop and changed the settings to sharing. I still can't send something to print from my laptop. I have a HP 4300 Officejet printer

Blog Entries

You must have the desktop turned on to use its printer since the printer is hard wired to the desktop

Windows XP provides a wizard for network connection setup. Wizards break down a task into individual steps and guide the user through the steps one at a time.

Windows XP Network Connections - How to Set Up Network Connections in Windows XP

Opening the Network Connections menu causes a new window to appear on the desktop as shown. The right-hand side of this window displays icons for any pre-existing connections. On the left, the Create a new connection option allows new connections to be set up. Click this option to continue.