Thread: Bsod

Default Bsod

Hi!
    I have an assembled AMD system with 2 x 2 GB DDR3 RAM, 500 GB SATA HDD, and MSI 770-C45 motherboard. My problem is that I often keep on getting BSOD with an error code
    Stop 0x0000004e (0x00000099, 0x0004611C, 0x00000003, 0x00000000). I have already changed my RAM modules (since the parts are under warranty). But the problem keeps coming again. The system works perfectly for sometime after rebooting and suddenly the machine hangs for a second and then BSOD.
    Please help.
    Thanx.

What operating system is being used and is it 64 bit ?

Blog Entries

Please note that permanent injury may occur to your PC if 0x0000004e is left alone and not fixed right away.
    click the link below

Link removed

Sometimes, 0x0000004e issues will be attributable to adware or virus infections, so it’s sensible to use a elimination program, to take away any adware infections.
    If so...run the link in my signature first....if still no fix...you will need a expert in the Spyware Help

BTW: The error is a report for software venders and is for their edification that there is a problem that could damage Windows
    Last edited by abseh1; 07-09-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: added text warning and new link
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Moderator Forum Moderator arraknid's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Abs, the link goes to sydown dot net who distribute ReImage. That is essentially a registry cleaner, which we don't recommend, and they will want payment to fix the problems!

Default Bsod

Hi!
    The system is Windows XP Professional-SP3 32BIT version.
    I have tried using Registry cleaner software as well as Spyware remover, but the problem still persists.

Hi sonnyguy58,

That error could be an indication that it is a driver issue. Please see the link below.

Stop: 0x0000004E - Windows XP Help & Support

In the meantime, we'll look around for more information that may help solve this issue.

EDIT:
    I have tried using Registry cleaner software
    It is advised not to use any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

Last edited by DonnaB; 07-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"