Thread: Tracer/Trackers

Default Tracer/Trackers

I kept getting invitations from a group called Knowledge Network. Both in the mail and by telephone (at least once from India). I checked them out. BBB said they were okay. Some people said online that they (or someone they knew) had made money with them. I finally broke down and filled our a survey. Okay, so I can block other online attempts to sell me things and the Postal Service can use the junk mail that people send. Then more surveys and made a couple of bucks. THEN, yesterday I took a survey about my computer preferences. Seemed innocent enough until they said they would put a tracer on my computer to see what sites etc. I used. I backed out of the survey.

My questions are how can I determine if there is a tracer or key logger on my computer? How can I thwart such an attempt? Can the host file be edited to include their address?
    I probably should have kept telling them NO even if I got calls from North Korea.

Blog Entries

You can do a system restore to a prior date....they still have any info you gave them ...but the computer may be safer

Then run the links and apps in my signature below....good luck
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer