Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • answers 1

0 0%
  • answers2

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Default connecting to the internet

I can't get my pc to connect to the internet or anything on line.It also tells me my recycle bin is corrupt.I've try rebooting,as well as using safe mode but it only allows to sign in.Once signed in if I try to access the net it does nothing.If I try to access my security suite it does nothing.How can i fix this?

What is the operating system installed and the make and model of the computer?

When did all this start to occur?

Is this an old computer you're trying to fix?

Default windows xp

I have the windows xp and the make is a Compaq 32 bit.It is old but was running just fine until about 3 days ago.As before it tells me I have an corrupted recycle bin,I also notice all my disk drives are full.Can this stop me from having access to the internet and wouldn't it let me know?Is there a free way to fix or correct this,using the same pc with no access to the net?.....Thanks for your reply

Have you tried accessing the net with SafeMode With Networking? With all the issues you report I tend to think you have picked up an infection especially the fact you can't open your security software. If that's the case you will need to post in our Spyware forum and let them know. You may need to download programs / tools like Malwarebytes onto a usb device from a good computer and then run them on your bad computer to at least try an get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by willfind1 View Post
    I have the windows xp and the make is a Compaq 32 bit.It is old but was running just fine until about 3 days ago.As before it tells me I have an corrupted recycle bin,I also notice all my disk drives are full.Can this stop me from having access to the internet and wouldn't it let me know?Is there a free way to fix or correct this,using the same pc with no access to the net?.....Thanks for your reply
    Ok I try the safe and nothing,I just downloaded malwarebytes on my usb.What should I do next once I plug in my usb to my pc or is there anything more I need to know?Once again I do appreciate your advice.

Once you plug the USB in, open the file location and run the Malwarebytes, let it remove anything it finds.