Default Unable to uninstall google chrome?

I went through and downloaded it, didn't like it, and tried to get rid of it. When I went to 'add or remove programs' and hit 'uninstall' a window popped up that says 'Please close all google chrome windows and try again' I didn't have any google chrome windows open.

Also, when I run CCleaner, it tells me I must close the google chrome window for it to work. Again, I don't have one open that I know of.

I tried shutting my computer off, and then back on, same message, and same problem.

Ideas? Thanks for your time! EDIT!!!!!

EDIT! Fixed! So sorry! I was able to open the task manager and end the hidden process that chrome was running, and successfully remove it. So sorry for taking up forum space!!!
    Last edited by Collegekid; 11-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Hi Collegekid,

Not a problem at all!

Your solution may have helped many others with trying to uninstall Google Chrome. It is offered by many 3rd party programs and most people just click away when installing such programs without unchecking the prechecked options nor even reading the windows that are presented to them during the download and they inevitably end up with Google Chrome on their computer.

Thanks for posting!
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy C.B.

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

Sure thing XD I'm just glad I was able to solve this one : )