Default Completely removing IE?

I am running Windows 7, and every time I run CCleaner, even though I don't use IE, it says it removes temporary files from IE. I've deleted the short cuts from my computer for IE, however, when I check my task manager, under the 'processes' tab, I have explorer.exe files running. Is it safe to completely get rid of these files? I checked around on the internet and it said that Windows 7 was compatible with removing all IE files, but I figured you guys were the experts, and was curious on your input.

Thanks so much for your time and help!

Blog Entries

Explorer.exe is part of windows and should be left alone...it has nothing to do with the IE Browser
    Explorer.exe is a safe file developed by Microsoft Corporation. The file is part of Microsoft Windows Operating System. The explorer.exe file is a Windows GUI shell, that is usually called Windows Explorer. Its graphical user interface lets you see your hard drives, folders, and files. At first explorer.exe was used only to browse files, but with the release of newer Windows versions it evolved to being a task-based file management system.

Explorer.exe - What is explorer.exe? - Windows Explorer

SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abseh1 For This Useful Post:

Hi Collegekid,

explorer.exe (Windows Explorer) and Internet Explorer (iexplorer.exe) are not the same thing.

explorer.exe is what controls your desktop.

iexplore.exe is the IE Browser itself.

No matter what browser you use explorer.exe will be displayed in your task manager. The only time you should see iexplore.exe under processes is when IE is open.

every time I run CCleaner, even though I don't use IE, it says it removes temporary files from IE.
    Mine too! Below is a link that may explain that for you:

Why do I have Internet Explorer temporary files if I never use it?

under the 'processes' tab, I have explorer.exe files running. Is it safe to completely get rid of these files?
    The explorer.exe process running in the Task Manager just means that your desktop is activated. It's ok for Ccleaner to clean those files.

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DonnaB For This Useful Post:

Awesome guys, and thanks so much!

Blog Entries

Your welcome
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer