Default Installing a new router

I have a belkin G router but I got a new on which is D-link N+300. The one I'm using now had a Setup disk which I used. Now the new one also has a set up disk to use. Do I have to try to find the setup instulation on the hard drive and remove it or was it just a used to set up the router and never saved on the hard drive? And it would be ok to just go and use the setup disk for the new one.

No! You should not have to do that. Just run the new disk that came with the new router and off you go. You can also use Google and Google these key words "Setting up D-link N+300." for additional information...

The D-Link Quick Router Setup Wizard quickly configures your new Wireless N 300 Router to get you up and running in minutes. Our Setup Wizard walks you step by step through the installation process to configure your Internet connection, wireless network settings and security, and everything else you need to get your network up and running so that you don't have to be a networking expert to get it set up.
    From here,

http://www.dlink.com/DIR-615

I did it for you!!! Let us know how you go...

Joe..
    Last edited by zep516; 02-04-2012 at 10:59 PM.

Well Zep that router did not work to well. It kept on asking me for my key number or shut down. I googled for reviews on it it seems to be a problem with it. It says in reviews it is junk. So I took it back and got a Netgear N300 wireless router wnr2000v3. But it never came with a CD install but on the box it said it "Netgear Genie CD less installation " So will try this one.
    Last edited by Machine; 02-07-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Hi Machine,

That's to Bad! Really in this day an age installing a router should be a simple & effortless process. Sometimes it's best to review a product first, then make your final decision as to purchase it. Let us know how the new router installs an operates, hopefully without a problem this time around

Joe..

One thing the New Router (netgear) came with preset Wi-fi network name (SIDD) and Key (Password) then they say "Netgear recommends that you do not change the preset Wi-Fi network name and network key. If you do change the settings, the information on the bottom of the product does not apply"
    The only thing I see on the bottom of the setting is the name and password on a label stuck to the bottom. I was going to use the password and key I used on the old router. What do you think?

"Netgear recommends that you do not change the preset Wi-Fi network name and network key.
    I'd follow the instructions for now and get it connected. I just had a Internet service installed by Verizon it's a modem and wireless router combined. I'm not that familiar with that type of set-up, so I asked the installer "If I have a friend over how do they connect" he said "It's already secured and the "Wep key" is on the back of modem" I'm leaving it alone as is!

Joe..
    Last edited by zep516; 02-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Well Zep I installed the Netgear N300 wireless router wnr2000v3 and it works just fine so far. It took about 15 min to install. I did not come with a CD but it did not need one it starts as soon as it hook up. Also I call Netgear about changing the SIDD and they said I could The preset one is the default one.
    Thanks for your help Zep.
    John

I'm thrilled John, So glad it's working for you

Joe...