Default is this enough or proper thermal grease?

very recently i experienced some random shutdowns. i attributed them to the cpu getting too hot. unfortunately my cpu has always ran warmer than usual. never had a problem until dust gets in the way i believe. i've created a photo bucket album with all the pictures i took so you all can have a look and tell me if it's kosher or needs improvement?> well here it is. i could tell you the make and model but i'd have to dig into my receipts for that. the easier way is getting with a hardware tool but the pc with the cpu in question is down for the count right now until i repair it. thanks for your help. if you really want the make model of the cpu i will go fetch the info. just ask, thats all.
    http://photobucket.com/2hotornot

Better watch the video, to much paste can cause an issue too!

How to Apply Thermal Compound to a CPU - YouTube

Joe

thanks zep i will check this vid out. i included photos that i took with my digicam but i'm a amateur when it comes to taking photographs. im not sure if all are best though but some you can see some grease.

Ok. Great follow the guide. If for some reason you don't care for that illustration on UTube, just Google these key words---> "How to apply thermal paste" You will come up with a host of useful links and one that you may even like better.

Joe