Default How to save a folder from Windows live mail

I have several folders in windows live mail for various things and i need to save one of them on a USB pen drive to give to my solicitor as evidence for a case he is dealing with. I thought i could just right click the folder and copy it but this option is not available. Can someone please tell me how to do this.

Thanks
    Be alert. The world needs lerts.

Blog Entries

You will need to export to a empty folder (name it what you want) on your desktop first, then copy that folder to the USB pen
    (key word export not copy)

Here is more info on backing up Windows live mail, as well
    How to Backup Windows Live Mail 2011
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abseh1 For This Useful Post:

If, like me, you now call the web based email "hotmail" by its new name of Windows Live Hotmail, (or something like that), be aware this is completly different to the 'client based' email program "windows live mail" which is actually an installed program on your computer.

If its the web based hotmail you need instructions for, it cannot be done at this moment directly from the web.

you will need a client such as Windows Live Mail, to actually export them.

heres a conversation on this:

How do I export folders containing emails form my hotmail acct to my computer hard drive?

This is the most interesting part of the conversation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Windows Live Gerard G
    Hi Monkeydo,

I'm sorry, but export emails so you can read or save it in your desktop is not currently available. However, we forwarded your suggestion to the product group, who appreciates feedback and considers suggestions for a future releases.

However, as a work around please follow the steps below.

1. We suggest that you try to use Windows Live Mail it automatically syncs and save your emails to your computer, please download it here
    Windows Live Essentials - Download free Microsoft programs.

2. After installing Windows Live Mail please configure your Hotmail account by following the steps in the link below.
    How to configure a Windows Live Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail

3. After Synching your Hotmail account in Windows Live Mail, the saved emails will be located at the location below.
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

Thank!
    Although this may not help you directly, i hope it helps someone else who did not make the distinction.
    Always remember you're unique.

...Just like everyone else!
    If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrDarn For This Useful Post:

Thanks, My mail was originally on my old XP computer in Outlook Express. It worked fine and i never had a problem with it. Then i bought a new computer running windows 7 and found it was not compatible with Outlook Express and i had to transfer everything to Windows Live mail. I never liked it and stopped using it after a week and opened yahoo and gmail accounts. So all my old mail was just left on an unused windows live mail account. Recently i needed one of the folders so i tried to copy it and found it was not as easy as i had expected. It might be needed as evidence in court so i can't just forward it one message at a time to a new account. It has to be original.

Blog Entries

In the USA, the police or lawyers or State Attorney (some States called District Attorney) will prefer to collect it as evidence for you
    (if you are a Defense witness the Public Defender or the Defense Attorney should help you)

If it is Civil ask your attorney for help

The reason is that evidence needs to be collected properly in a chain of custody to make it allowable in Court

I do not know anything about London or the UK procedures

I am sueing someone and the e-mails he sent me confirm he knew things he is now denying he knew about. I have other evidence but these will help my case.

Blog Entries

Ok...good luck...abs