Default Can't read a CD-r. Tried Microsoft Fix it. I have Windows 7

I have been saving things to a CD-R for a long time and now I can't read what's there and I can't add to it. I have tried several CD's and they are all unreadable and unwriteable. I tried the Microsoft Fix-It but that didn't help. I sure would appreciate any and all help.
    Thanks in Advance!
    Colleen

Blog Entries

What program did you use to write to the CD's?

Were you ever able to read them?
    SIGNATURE...When I post info I assume you have already read this link
    How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer

Also to add to abseh1's post above:

From my understanding, CD-R discs can be written to only once except in the case of multisession writing.You can reuse a partially used CD-R by creating a new session on the remaining blank space of the disc. When you do so, however, the previous sessions become inaccessible. Only the last session on the disc can be read.

CD-RW discs can be written to many times. CD-RW is a good choice when you need to store small amounts of data over time.
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"

I didn't use a program to "write" the CD's. I just saved things that I downloaded fron the internet. I like to quilt and I saved patterns that I found. Everything seemed to work fine till a couple of days ago when some there were some Updates from Microsoft. I tried System Restore but that didn't help. Please forgive my ignorance.
    Colleen

Hi Colleen,

Could you tell us what Operating System is installed on your computer please?

Donna
    If you think you might be infected with malware or have recently cleansed your computer of malware without the help of an expert, please read and follow the instructions in How to Start Removing Viruses and Spyware from your Computer. This can alleviate time consumed in trouble shooting your current computer problems.

If your problem is solved, here's how to say thanks!

Very proud parent of a U.S. Navy "CB"

"People may forget what you say,
    People may forget what you did,
    but People will never forget how you made them feel!"